- 4 small sweet potatoes or yams, baked
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn*
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, add the black beans, corn, onions, and cilantro. Stir to combine. In a smaller bowl, mix together the lime zest and juice, oil, honey, adobo, salt and pepper. Pour over the black bean mixture and toss to combine. Slice open the baked sweet potatoes. Stuff potatoes with the Chipotle Black Bean & Corn Salad. Serve.
*Fresh corn is best, but when out of season, frozen (thawed and cooked) or canned is fine. If using canned, be sure to rinse and drain thoroughly.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska From Scratch