1 15 oz. can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons of spice mixture (a curry, Morrocan, or Mexican spice mixture work well)
Make sure the chickpeas are completely dry after draining and rinsing them. Otherwise they’ll end up chewy and soggy.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas in a colander. Pat dry.
- Toss chickpeas in a medium sized bowl with olive oil, sea salt, and spices.
- Arrange chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until crispy. While baking, shake pan or stir chickpeas to avoid burning.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- If desired, sprinkle and toss with more spices