Knowing the quality of your grain is useful prior to delivery! Click here to learn more about free grain grading and quality testing by the Canadian Grain Commission (CGC).
Your participation is important!
The Harvest Sample Program is an opportunity to receive free, unofficial CGC grading and quality results that include:
- Protein content on cereal grains and pulses
- Oil, protein and chlorophyll content for canola
- Oil and protein content, and iodine value for flax seed
- Oil and protein content for mustard seed and soybeans
The grade provided through the Harvest Sample Program is considered unofficial because:
- The sample size does not meet the minimum weight requirement of 750 grams
- Dockage is not retained
- The sample is not collected by a CGC grain inspector
It is advised to send grain samples as soon as harvest is complete. If you have participated in this program before, you will get a kit in the mail. If you have not participated, you can register online, by email or over the phone:
- Visit www.grainscanada.gc.ca
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 1-800-853-6705. Leave a message and the CGC will return your call to register you.