Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers (MPSG) is a non-profit commodity organization representing more than 4000 farmers who grow and market soybeans, dry (edible) beans, field peas and faba beans. Communicating with and on behalf of our members is at the core of our mandate. Content consists of scientific knowledge of specific interest to pulse and soybean farmers. Additional content fosters the general public’s understanding of sustainable farm practices. Success requires an unceasing focus on innovative knowledge transfer mediums and methods. To help take this mission to the next level MPSG is seeking to retain a Communications Coordinator on a contract basis.
- Oversight of the MPSG website
- Development and oversight of social media platforms
- Provide logistical support for in-person, virtual and hybrid knowledge transfer events
- Support MPSG participation in major ag industry events such as Ag Days
- Representing MPSG in industry-wide promotional and advocacy campaigns
- Serve as a contact for media inquiries
- Liaise with farm and rural media outlets
- Liaise with producers of broadcast programs such as Great Tastes of Manitoba.
- Identify and evaluate evolving knowledge transfer trends and mediums
- Set communications and knowledge transfer targets and measure progress
- Assist with communication strategy development.
- A portfolio of creative communication output that demonstrates understanding of the media landscape
- An ability to critically evaluate communication platforms and styles to meet organizational goals
- Interest in communicating scientific and ag industry advocacy content. Previous experience an advantage but not necessary.
- Interest in communicating with a population of farmers who hold diverse perspectives. Previous experience an advantage but not necessary.
- Ability to forge partnerships within the agriculture communications industry
- Ability to deliver results on-time and within budget
The contractor is expected to provide their own workspace, vehicle, IT equipment etc. In certain instances, workspace would be available in the MPSG office in Carman.
Please email your resume and cover letter by December 31 to: Daryl Domitruk – Executive Director email@example.com