This interactive summer tour will be brought to you in collaboration with Manitoba Canola Growers, Manitoba Corn Growers, Manitoba Flax Growers, Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers, Manitoba Wheat and Barley Growers, National Sunflower Association of Canada and Manitoba Oat Growers.
There will be 16 stations including:
- Crop Rotation: Managing Crop Diseases and Saving You Money – Holly Derksen (Manitoba Agriculture), Dan Orchard and Clint Jurke (Canola Council of Canada)
- Rational Aspects for Weed Management – Ian Epp (Canola Council of Canada), Rob Gulden (University of Manitoba)
- Pollinators, Preditors and Prey – John Gavloski (Manitoba Agriculture)
- Power of Nitrogen – John Heard (Manitoba Agriculture), Amy Mangin, Megan Bourns and Kristen MacMillan (University of Manitoba), Ray Dowbenko (Nutrien)
- Soybean Detective: Digging up answers to poor plant stand establishment – Cassandra Tkachuck and Laryssa Stevenson (Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers)
- Pushing Yields (Flax and Sunflowers) – Dane Froese (Manitoba Agriculture)
- Oats Disease Management – Jennifer Mitchell Fetch (AAFC Brandon)
- Harvest Management – Angela Brackenreed (Canola Council of Canada)
- Battling Sclerotinia – Nicole Philp (Canola Council of Canada), Laura Schmidt (Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers)
- Keep it Clean! – Canola Council of Canda, Cereals Canada and Pulse Canada
- What’s Your Grade? – Canadian Grains Commission
- Farm safety
- Soils: Tillage Erosion – Curtis Cavers (AAFC Portage), Marla Reikman (Manitoba Agriculture)
- Precision Ag Seeding – Autumn Barnes (Canola Council of Canada), Lorne Grieger (PAMI)
- Cooking with MB Crops! – Jennifer Dyck (Manitoba Canola Growers)
- Agriculture in the Classroom – Only running from 9:00 – 11:00 am
Participants will be given a site map and encouraged to explore the stations at their own pace.
Please be sure to where appropriate footwear based on the weather and cash to enjoy a variety of lunch food vendors.
Interested in sponsoring this event?
The sponsorship page may be found here.
Or for more information, please contact:
Manitoba Canola Growers