Agronomy Intern (Summer Position)
Manitoba Pulse and Soybean Growers (MPSG) is a farmer-owned organization representing growers of pulses and soybeans. MPSG is seeking a qualified seasonal employee to assist with field research and crop surveillance during the 2020 crop season. This opportunity is particularly suited to agriculture students eager to work outdoors, travel throughout Manitoba and expand their knowledge of pulse and soybean production practices.
Job responsibilities include:
- Surveying farm-scale field trials for soil condition, pests, indicators of crop health and other agronomic variables
- Surveying commercial pulse and soybean fields for crop disease including extracting and transporting plant samples
- Preparing reports on field observations
- Providing logistical support to extension events
The above activities are carried out across agro-Manitoba from MPSG’s base in Carman.
Seasonal employment with MPSG provides students with valuable work experience within a dynamic and supportive environment. The skills and knowledge gained with MPSG help prepare students for a variety of careers in sustainable crop production.
- Student in agronomy, pest management or agroecology at a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Strong familiarity with prairie crop production principles and practices.
- Detail oriented self-starter with excellent organizational skills.
- A team player with strong communication skills
- Drivers’ license valid in Manitoba
This is a four-month term position offering a competitive wage and student-friendly working conditions.
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Megan Bourns – On-Farm Network Agronomist